pages

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, 27 November 2013

A Little Look In My Make Up Bag

Greetings Peaches...

This year has been a whirlwind of events; having a baby, changing jobs and turning....26!! No matter what life throws at you though, if you have your trusty make up bag by your side you can face anything - trust me! Over the years I have dabbled in allsorts of different products but at the moment I'm really happy with my set up, so I thought it only fair to let you have a nosy!


Base
I always thought primers were a bit of a swizz product that brands made you buy but didn't actually do very much. Wrong. They really do improve the overall look of your skin and give your foundation something to 'grab on to' and make it last much longer. The one I'm loving at the moment is Illamasqua Hydra Veil. It comes with a really nifty spoon so you don't end up using too much of it and because it's in a tub you can use every last scrap of it!

I've recently been trying out contouring so use two different foundations to achieve this look; Illamasqua Skin Base and MAC Studio Sculpt. Both are moisturising on my dry skin but last all day and allow you to build up the coverage for when you want a heavier look for nights out.

A new purchase I got with a Superdrug 3 for 2 offer is the Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer pen from Collection 2000 (read my post http://aprettypeach.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/in-nude.html  to see what else I bought on this offer). Its a very good dupe of YSL Touche Eclat but a fraction of the price. I use this after my foundation but you can apply it before if you wanted to.






Colour
My favourite bronzer is this one by Dior, its not shimmery so I don't end up looking like a disco ball and gives a really natural glow.

I also add a touch of colour to my cheeks with a cream blush. The one I like best at this time of year is the YSL Creme De Blush in Velvety Peach which really brightens up my complexion.



Eyes
During the daytime I keep my eye make up to a minimum and just use mascara and a bit of eyeliner. This City Curl mascara by NYC really extends and volumises my lashes without flaking by lunchtime. The Brightening Eyeliner in Coffee is from e.l.f and is great as it has a built in sharpener for when you're on the go. I am really into eyebrow shaping and regularly get them threaded. I keep them looking good by using The Body Shop eyebrow and liner powder kit in brown/black. It comes with a handy double ended brush which helps you be more precise when applying it.


Lips
I am obsessed with lip products and must have at least 40 of them. My current fave is the Dior Lipglow Colour Reviver Balm which changes colour to compliment your lip/skin tone. It's quite expensive though so I alternate it with my Nivea Raspberry Rose Balm which has gorgeous smell and gives your lips a nice subtle colour.


Tools
To get a flawless finish I find good quality brushes really do make or break your look. I use The Body Shop ones as they are so soft and the bristles never fall out and stick to your face. Add a pair of eyelash curlers to give some extra oomph and you're good to go!


Hope you've enjoyed this post; do you use any of these products or know of good alternatives? I always love to try new things so let me know what's in your make up bag.

Em xx


6 comments:

  1. I love your make up bag! It's so pretty! ♥
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Been perusing your blog all night - really enjoying it. xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely post - I love the make up bag x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they do a few diff sizes - I'd love to get the bigger one for my iPad

      Em x

      Delete
  3. Those body shop brushes look really nice!

    Brittnee
    http://beautyproductaday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, glad you came for a look!

      Em x

      Delete