pages

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sunday, 8 December 2013

Butter Me Up!

Good to see you Peaches...

Today whilst doing a spot of Christmas shopping, I pulled a muscle in my neck doing the fastest double take known to man as I passed The Body Shop - HALF PRICE ON ALL BODY BUTTERS!!! That's a measly £6.50 each!! You have never seen someone grab a basket and start throwing stuff in it as frantically as I was. My love for body butters started 5 years ago when I worked for The Body Shop whilst at uni. They are best sellers for a good reason and my skin has thanked me every day since I began to slather the moisturising butters over each inch of my body! After deliberating over which to actually buy, my bank balance and I came to the wise decision to put 5 back on the shelf and take the 3 remaining victors to the till.  



My all time favourite has to be the coconut one. It's great for drier skin types and has an amazing holiday smell thanks to the fair trade virgin coconut oil that's in it. It melts into your skin so quickly leaving it silky soft. It says that it gives 24 hour moisturisation but I still apply it morning and night, but that's just me! 



The next lucky tub to make it home with me was the sweet fruity smelling mango butter. The consistency of it is more like a lotion and has a lighter feel than some of the other butters in the range. It is meant for very dry skin and the mango seed oil that is used in it really does penetrate deep into the skin, giving especially dry areas like elbows and knees a much needed boost. This one will be going to the back of my toiletry cupboard to save until next year as I much prefer to wear fruity scents in the summer. 


Last but not least was the moringa body butter. I must confess that this purchase was not made with myself in mind; I picked this one up for my good friend Steph as part of her Christmas present. This is a floral scented butter which I am not a massive fan of wearing myself but don't mind smelling it on other people!? Like all the butters it keeps skin hydrated for 24 hours and has three different oils (brazil nut, sesame seed and moringa seed) in it which will work wonders for dry skin during these wintry months.



I hope this offer lasts long enough for you all to take advantage of it! Let me know which your favourite is.

Em xx

6 comments:

  1. I so wanted to take advantage of this sale but my credit card needed a BREAK after Black Friday!

    Brittnee
    http://beautyproductaday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think Black Friday has given everyone credit cards a bit of a battering! X

      Delete
  2. Awh I did get an email about this sale but I decided to pass it up - I own too many of their body butters anyway! I love them, they're so good but I have found a few that are slightly more moisturising (victoria's secret ones). Nevertheless they smell gorgeous and I really want to try out the coconut one!

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh they sound interesting, just seen them on ur blog, will have to try out. X

      Delete
  3. nice review ^^
    btw mind to follow each other?
    let me know then ^^
    missdjoen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. I'll stop by your blog and have a look!

      Em xx

      Delete