pages

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, 23 December 2013

Nightmare Before Christmas....

Good Morning Peaches...

Since my last trip to the salon to have my hair coloured resulted in a very depressing looking bank balance I decided this time to throw caution to the wind and do a spot of DIY! Why not, Davina supposedly does it, doesn't she?! So, after perusing the shelves contemplating if I wanted to be a 'mysterious brown', 'wild cherry' or 'dark truffle' I took the plunge with Schwarzkopf Palette Intensive Cream Colour in Dark Brown as it said it was enriched with 7 oils, would nourish my tired locks and give an intense shine. 



Once in the safety of my bathroom I had a good look at the contents; developer lotion, colour cream and a rich conditioner - pretty usual stuff. It also had a pair of gloves - the less said about them the better.



My hair was definitely looking a little lack lustre and needed the boost that you get with a hair dye so I couldn't wait to slap this stuff on and get gorgeous......



The first bump in the road was the actual amount of product you get to cover your hair. As you can see from my photo my hair is hardly competing with Rapunzel in the length stakes so I assumed one bottle would be ample. Assume nothing! So as I realised that half of my hair had NO dye on it and the remaining product was lurking at the bottom of the bottle I began frantically slamming it into my hand in the hope that I could get it out and smother it on to my hair before it was too late! Cue blobs of hair dye flying out, darting around my bathroom. NOOOOOO I needed those tiny morsels for my tresses! Time was of the essence so I quickly mopped up the mess whilst massaging the measly amount of colourant I had into my semi moist hair. The only plus so far was there was no offensive smell with this dye as there is with some. 



I spent the next 30 minutes 'relaxing' before it was time to rinse, repeat, rinse and repeat. Being the good girl that I am I had used the gloves that were provided to keep my hands nice and clean when applying the dye. Well, I might as well of tossed them out of the window the moment I clapped eyes on them. 



Keep calm and carry on - so I washed all of the dye out until the water ran clear before putting on the sachet of conditioner that came in the box which I left on for 2 minutes. 

So, after the stresses of DIY hairdressing this is the end result.....



I'm not impressed with the intense shine that I was promised but any pesky greys that had trespassing in my roots seem to have gone. It wasn't as enjoyable as having it done for you and the results weren't anything to shout about but it was a hell of a lot cheaper! I would definitely use other 'at home' colours again but ones that had more product in it, had better gloves and gave my hair some real shine!!

What home dyes have you used? All recommendations welcome!

Em xx

8 comments:

  1. OMG You can dye your hair by yourself. So envy :")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it's not that hard really - long arms!

      Em xx

      Delete
  2. Love the result! LOL about the gloves, how did that even happen?

    www.hellojennyho.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u! Oh I know it's a mystery! Why just that part of my hand!?

      Em xx

      Delete
  3. Love reading your blog!!! You Crack me up :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Sarah this comment has your name all over it! Thank u!

      Em xx

      Delete
  4. lovely blog babe! do you want to follow each other of gfc, give me a follow and i will be sure to follow back sweetie. xo cozyuprw.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete