pages

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Welcome To The Dark Side!

Hi Peaches...

This season I have been lusting over dark lipsticks that have featured in every magazine I pick up. Always more of a subtle lip gloss kinda girl I usually shy away from such a statement coloured lip, however, I decided now was the time to bite the bullet and jump head (or lip) first into this make up trend. Usually, if I was going to buy a lipstick I would spend a bit of money on it so that I could make sure it would be a really long lasting yet moisturising product but, since this was an impulse buy that might be relegated to the back of a cupboard after one use I decided to go with a cheaper 'throw away' purchase.

After turning my hand into a rainbow of burgundy and plum coloured swatches, I finally chose the Revlon Super Lustrous in Black Cherry from Superdrug for £7.49. It's a perfect mix of red wine and purple berry and was dramatic enough to pull the look off without looking like an extra for The Vampire Diaries.





Before applying it I made sure I prepped my lips fully by exfoliating them with a soft baby toothbrush. Once any dry skin had been lightly scrubbed away I put on a generous amount of lip balm, which I left to sink in whilst I did the rest of my make up. Then came the scary part - putting it on! The fear of stained teeth and smudges were what had made me steer clear of dark lipsticks in the past so I made sure I read plenty of other beauty blog tips first! Using a fine lip brush I swept it across the bullet and CAREFULLY painted it on my quivering lips! Panic over, the look was completed with smoky eyes and a lace and leather outfit - very gothic chic! 


Cess and Me 

As the drinks began to flow I forgot all about 'lipstick etiquette' until my fifth Jagar Bomb when it dawned on me to have a quick bathroom/beauty break! By some kind of miracle the lipstick had stayed strong AND stayed put, even still I felt the need to top it up, wait - minus the lip brush!! I don't know if it was the alcohol that had given me some dutch courage or what, but somehow I managed to reapply without causing a scene! 

So, all in all my trip over to the dark side had gone without a hitch! I would definitely buy other shades from this range of Revlon lipstick as it was so creamy and pigmented with great staying power. I can now officially say that I am a big fan of darker coloured lips and long may darkness reign. 

What are your thoughts on this look for A/W 13? 

Em xx 

4 comments:

  1. I love that burgundy colour! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I can't wait to wear it again! X

      Delete
  2. I love the dark lipsticks, so on trend this season! the darker purple the better for me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very daring! I'm going to get a new one a weekend, I'm hooked. X

      Delete