pages

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sunday, 5 January 2014

Fat Girl Slim

Hey Peaches...

My last post said that I wasn't going to 'lose weight' in the new year but, today my good friend Bridgey P told me about the 5:2 fasting diet that she was about to start and it sounded so easy and apart from pounds of fat, what did I have to lose!

The basic idea is that for 5 days of the week you eat a normal diet of about 2000 calories, then on the other 2 days you fast and just have 500 calories. The Fast Diet says that this kind of intermittent fasting is a good way for steady weight loss (about 1lb a week) and has been tried and tested with great results. They say that eating a limited amount of food on only 2 days a week wont put your body into starvation mode but will actually speed up your metabolism to help you shed the pounds and keep them off. What more could you ask for!

It's been 1 year since baby Lyla popped out and although the weight I gained from being pregnant went almost straight away I was shocked when I stepped on the scales to see how much I've put back on (must be muscle from pushing the pram...) 

We both want to be a bit more svelte in time for Summer so, the plan is that every week Bridget and I will take photos and weigh ourselves and give each other a big pat on the back!

Not the best quality photos but you get the gist! Taking these snaps of us at our worst was hard but the thought of having them online for the whole world to see is going to hopefully be the push we need to finally bid farewell to our love handles and say bye bye to the bulge. The appropriately positioned cupcakes will be the last time they'll be so close to our lips for a while!

Me 12 stone 1 pound
Me 12 stone 1 pound
Bridgey P 11 stone 2 pounds

Bridgey P 11 stone 2 pounds


Tomorrow is our first fast day so wish us both good luck! 

Em and Bridget xx

7 comments:

  1. Good luck! I might even start the diet myself!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, day 1 was hard! I'll let you know how it goes - let me know if u end up trying it out.

      Em xx

      Delete
  2. Hi :) I just finish my diet ! Stay strong it is not always easy. You can do it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the motivation! Week 1 is over and 3lbs are off - so far so good!

      Em xx

      Delete
  3. Good luck. I never heard of this diet, but I might try it now.
    Thanks girl.

    Christina ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good luck! I LOVE this diet! I'm 3 weeks in now and have lost 6.5lbs! So easy to do as well! If you try it out let me know how you go.

      Em xx

      Delete
  4. Tnx fore the information
    "The only time I put on weight recently was with the kids," she says. Her trick for losing it? Real-life, simple tactics: "I've become the master of shortcuts! It's still about eating less and moving more, but there's a way to do it so you don't feel miserable." This way, the weight stays off. Here are her top tips. For more information about The Secret of Peach nutrition

    ReplyDelete