pages

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday, 10 January 2014

How Now Brown Cow...

Morning Peaches...

During my weekly food shop at Tesco I spotted this beauty hiding at the back of a shelf looking very lonely. You can imagine my delight when after trying to find its price tag, a friendly little sales assistant told me it was in the sale at the devilish sum of £6.66!!! Was this a sign for me to leave well alone?? The risk taker in me grabbed it and safely stuffed it in the trolley.




It took me and my pasty limbs a week or so to pluck up the courage to tan up. I don't have the best track record with self tans - streaks, smells, stains - you get the picture? But, the January blues and the fact that I haven't had the luxury of an abroad holiday tan for nearly two years made me think that a nice golden glow would be the perfect pick me up. 

The set came with the Body Tonic Sugar Scrub, Dry Face Mist and Dry Body Mist. 



Now I'm all for a good scrubbing but what I do find is that when I use exfoliators in the shower the water washes it away before I've had chance to give my skin a proper polish. So, instead I perform this little skit - get in the shower for 10 seconds to get wet, jump out and apply scrub all over (the fact that I am now FREEZING really helps to speed it up), hop back under the water and let the tiny rough grains rinse off. Perfectly smooth and soft skin every time! This Garnier scrub is great for me because it's so gritty and really feels to be doing its job. It smelt fruity but I couldn't put my finger on what fruit it was until I read the bottle and it said it had natural fruit extract of apple. The formula is supposed to eliminate dead cells whilst respecting the skin leaving it smoother and more toned. I felt very respected and so did my skin! Honestly I would repurchase the scrub again in a heartbeat it was that good! 

Moving on from the nitty gritty - the tanning mist. Over the past few months the skin on my face has been giving me some real grief so I put aside the dry face mist until we are on better terms. The Dry Body Mist claims to give you a streak free tan that requires NO rubbing in! The idea of this alone made me a happy girl as I hate everything about tanning mitts. The great thing about this spray is that you can use it from any angle which meant doing my back was sooo much easier than normal. Like the scrub, it has a fruit extract, this time apricot and although it didn't smell particularly fruity it didn't smell bad. Where Garnier have really come up trumps with this product is in the drying time. Literally as soon as I'd sprayed my ghostly looking arms and had moved on to my legs it had dried allowing me the relief not to have to dance around for 10 minutes with nothing on! The only slight winge I have is that because it's a mist you can't really see where you've applied it so you might under or overdo some areas. 

So, these are the results after a 3 hour wait. Very natural and subtle and I can definitely see a difference in my skin tone. I think this is a really good product for an everyday tan, however, if I wanted a deeper colour I think I'd need to build it up over a few days. All in all I think the fact that I am streak free with an even tan means that this was a success and gets a thumbs up from me! I will certainly be using this again and recommend it to all you tanning lovers out there!


Before 

3 hours later


Have you any tips on how to get the perfect tan without the sunshine? 

Em xx

6 comments:

  1. I love this tan! I used it loads over the summer on top of my natural tan so I looked extra brown haha. I found tt's a really good one for easy application and the colour is really nice. Great post :)
    Lily xx
    lilyannloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lilyann! I'm in love with it espesh after so many bad encounters!

      Em xx

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any garnier tans before, its so natural & looks lovely xx

    beckysbeautyfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it tricky to find good ones. Big fan of this and if ur not a seasoned tanner it's really easy to use!

      Em xx

      Delete
  3. OMG I'm going out to buy this ASAP! The colour is great! I love St.tropez spray in dark and also fakebake, all of them! lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Let me know what you think of it if you get it!

      Em xx

      Delete