pages

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday, 3 January 2014

♥ Jar Of Hearts ♥

Hiya Peaches...

The new year is upon us and as I tucked into a chocolate bomb with ice cream, I realised that only 2 days into January I was already breaking my new years resolution to eat more healthy. Different year, same story. I knew full well I wouldn't stick to it so why did I bother making it? So, I've decided that my 'new' new years resolution is to write down one funny/happy/good thing that has happened each day. My twist on this diary style idea is that I'm going to store all these memories in a jar and next January open it up and read all the things that made me laugh in 2014. 

I bought this 'Korken' glass jar from Ikea for £2 and the ribbons were just 20p a piece from a local haberdashery shop. My first thought was to tie them in a fancy bow, however, it didn't take me long to work out my nimble fingers weren't that nimble and a simple yet effective knot would do! 


On the lid I stuck on these girly pearl hearts, again these were from the haberdashery shop but other places like Hobbycraft sell loads of things like this.


I found this book of post it notes from TKMaxx in the sale for £2.50 - perfect for jotting down things that happen and they'll look good through the glass.


So, there you have it, my new years resolution for 2014 in full swing! I can't wait to add to it throughout the year and I'm 99% certain i'll keep up to it! 

Hope you like this quick DIY post, I love using jars to display things in - have you done anything similar? 

Em xx

6 comments:

  1. This is was more fun and achievable than a diet resolution ha ha. I want to do this too!

    Brittnee
    http://beautyproductaday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh loads more fun! You should def do it.

      Em x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks it's so easy - hope I stick to it!

      Em x

      Delete
  3. Thats such a great idea! Good luck!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany, hope I stick with it - it'll be great to look back at next year!

      Em xx

      Delete