pages

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, 18 January 2014

She Scrubs Up Well!

Morning Peaches...

I love a good scrub, it feels so satisfying to polish away dry, dead skin cells to reveal a healthy, glowing face. I've tried and tested many a facial exfoliator in my time and I prefer the sugar or salt scrubs that are out there - very gritty and powerful!

For those of you who know about my love of jars, you wont be surprised to learn that I often make homemade beauty/food gifts, shove them in a sparkly clean jar and present them to my nearest and dearest! They are always met with smiling faces and a compliments aplenty. Never one to hand out an untested potion, I used and fell in love with this scrub that I made for a friend a couple of years ago. It's really simple and quick to make and the results are amazing!

All you need :

* 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
* 2 tablespoons of honey
* 100g of sugar
* Bowl
* Spoon
* Jar

Step 1 - Put all the ingredients into the bowl and stir them up.

Easy so far!

Step 2 - Spoon it into your jar and attach an attractive label and ribbon to it.

Slightly more tricky!

Step 3 - Give it to your friend or use it yourself!

Simple!




* This scrub will last for about 2 - 3 months as long as you keep the lid tightly closed.*


I recommend that you apply this skin treat to a make up free and clean face. Use a teaspoon amount and massage in circular motions all over your skin and neck. Do this for about 60 seconds - if you spend too long on it you might not have any skin left! Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. I apply my moisturiser now because I have quite dry skin, but if you feel as though the olive oil in this scrub has moisturised you enough then your done - now go to bed!


Hope that you liked this DIY beauty idea and will maybe give it a go!

Em xx

8 comments:

  1. This is a lovely idea! :) I have also nominated you for a Liebster award (I did try and send you a Tweet but my account is currently suspended :( ) Look on my blog for info on the nomination xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have a look on your blog because I didn't see that tweet.

      Em xx

      Delete
  2. Loved this post Em :-) Thanks for sharing. Not sure it'll last us 2-3 months though - looks too good.

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeh I doubt it would last too long with my scrubbing ways actually! Glad you liked it girls!

      Em xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Defs! If you do make sure you let me know how you get on with it.

      Em xx

      Delete
  4. I've nominated you for 'The Liebster Award'! http://www.thatnortherngal.com/2014/01/the-liebster-award_21.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete