pages

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, 16 January 2014

The Liebster Award!

Guten Tag Peaches!

When I got a late night tweet from the fab Alice from Alice In The Looking Glass saying she'd nominated me for The Liebster Award I was intrigued! Since being thrown out of my high school German language classes many years ago, my Deutsch isn't up to much so I had to google what it meant! One of the words it translated to was 'beloved' so I was really pleased that Alice thought my little blog was worthy of such love!

So, lets get down to business!

First up I have to answer the following 11 questions that Alice has set for me.

1. What are your 2014 beauty resolutions?

♥ Same as every year! Drink 8 glasses of water a day, cleanse, tone and moisturise every evening and don't mess with my dry skin. I'm pretty sure these will be my resolutions for ever more but I am very determined this year!

2. What's your favourite book and why?

♥ Tricky one. I read anything by Martina Cole but I think my all time favourite book has to be 'The Jolly Postman and Other Peoples Letters'! I know it's not meant for adults but I still love this decades after getting it for Christmas one year. All the cute little letters to open and the fairytale theme - what's not to love?

3. What's your favourite quote?

♥ The best quote that always makes me smile is taken from The Twits by Roald Dahl. Clearly I haven't matured past the age of 7 with all these references to childrens books but who wants to grow up?!

via pinterest

4. Cats or dogs?

♥ I'm afraid what I'm about to say may offend all you feline fans but I hate cats!?! Shock horror! Sorry but they are sneaky, scratchy and generally just defiant little creatures. Give me a loveable and cuddly dog any day!

5. What is the best thing to happen to you so far in 2014?

♥ Hmmm only 17 days into the year so not many things to choose from to write about here! However, it has to be when my lovely Mum and Dad rang me up to tell me that they are whisking me off to New York in March! I haven't been before and have always wanted to go on a massive spending spree there so I'm really excited for this.

6. Yes or no to wearing black lipstick (not on Halloween)?

♥ It has to be a no for me. I think that it looks great on models in magazines or on the catwalk but I don't think many people can really pull it off - I certainly can't!

7. What is your favourite mascara and why?

♥ In last months 'Glamour Beauty Box' was the Benefit They're Real mascara and out of all the ones I've tried I'm quite enjoying this the most. It has a good wand with bristles (are they called that?!) on the top as well which makes doing the corner eyelashes easier. Another reason its a keeper for me is that it doesn't flake off by lunchtime. Very annoying. 

8. What is your dream job and how do you think you could get there?

♥ This changes at least once a week. Before I went off to have Lyla I'd been a Reception class teacher for five years so I'd love to go work in a lovely infant school somewhere. But if we really are dreaming big then I'd probably say a top beauty and life columnist for a magazine. I have no idea how to get there - in my dreams I guess!

9. What beauty product are you currently lusting after?

♥ Every man and his dog seems to be raving about Baby Skin Pore Eraser by Maybelline but it's like gold dust at the moment and I can't get my hands on it anywhere which makes me want it even more! 

10. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?

♥ Apologies again but....neither! I can't keep up with anything which falls under 'fantasy' so I haven't read any of the books or seen any of the films.....sorry!

11. Twitter or Facebook?

♥ Twitter for talking to fellow bloggers and Facebook for keeping in touch with friends that I can touch and see in the flesh (urgh flesh - how graffic). 

Next, I get to choose 11 other people who I think have great blogs and would like to do this tag post. 

My favourite up and coming blogs are....


Finally, I set 11 question for the above bloggers to answer.

1. Name three people (dead or alive) who you'd like to go out for dinner with and why?

2. What would you do with your money if you won the lottery?

3. What's your favourite beauty/make up product?

4. What's the strangest thing you've ever done in the name of beauty?

5. Have you ever broken a bone? If yes how?

6. What has been your biggest beauty/make up let down?

7. Do you have or would you get a tattoo? 

8. What is your favourite chocolate bar?

9. If you had to leave your house now, what would you take with you?

10. Which is your favourite time of the year?

11. What was your most treasured toy/game from when you were little?


Happy answering! 

Hope you enjoyed finding out a bit more about me and thanks again to Alice - go check out her blog it's a goodie!

Em xx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for nominating my blog! I love your answers. Keep an eye out for mine soon.

    Gemma xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and your welcome! I'll keep a look out for yours!

      Em xx

      Delete